With the mild wet winter we have experienced so far this year pest populations have already been on the increase. The fluctuating temperatures may induce early termite swarms and other pest population spurts.
This is the time of year we expect to get rodent and urban wildlife calls but would normally not be receiving flea calls for another 2-3 months.
Our mosquito service usually begins in March; however, we've already had several calls for our mosquito control services.
We expect to see an increase in both carpenter ant and termite calls this spring. This is typically their swarming season. If you are concerned about termites or carpenter ants, we offer free inspections.
With the mild temperatures and frequent showers, we do expect the need for Pest Control in Austin and the surrounding central Texas area to be up from the last couple of years.
Some of the weather-related factors that can drive insect activity include:
- Moist conditions created by frequent rains
- Increased harborage created by heavy vegetation
- Warm temperatures provide ideal breeding conditions
- The lack of freezing temperatures that would normally suppress populations
- Rapid increasing and decreasing temperatures
To reduce pest populations:
- Look for ways around your property to eliminate standing water.
- Keep new vegetation trimmed to eliminate harborage build up.
- Seal up all cracks and crevices around your home that could give unwanted intruders access to your living areas.
- Keep firewood at least 20 feet away from your home to prevent termite and carpenter ant infestations.
If you would like more information about any of the pests mentioned above or just have questions in general please drop us an email or give us a call today.
Get A Free Pest Control Quote
Are bugs bothering you?
Our pest control experts will make sure your home is bug-free.